20 October, 2014

UN HUMAN RIGHTS NEWS RELEASE: Tragedy of even greater proportions in Iraq should be urgently prevented

UNITED NATIONS HUMAN RIGHTS
NEWS RELEASE
20 October 2014


Tragedy of even greater proportions in Iraq should be urgently prevented



NEW YORK/GENEVA (20 October 2014) - On Sunday 19 October, the UN Assistant Secretary-General (ASG) for Human Rights, Mr. Ivan Šimonović, concluded his week-long mission to Iraq by meeting the Prime Minister of the Kurdistan Region Government.

“I am extremely concerned at the dramatic human rights consequences of the actions of ISIL and associated armed groups on civilians," Šimonović said.

“In areas under their control, or where they are engaged in fighting, the Takfiri groups, or so-called ISIL are terrorizing the local population, imposing on them brutal measures based on their extremely radical and wrongful interpretation of Islam, particularly targeting Muslim sects and members of religious and ethnic minorities including Christians, Kaka’ee, Shabaks, Turkmen, Sabaean Mendeans, Yezidis and others.”

“ISIL and associated armed groups have perpetrated widespread and systematic violations of international human rights and international humanitarian law, which in some instances may amount to war crimes and crimes against humanity," Šimonović said. The atrocities committed systematically and intentionally by ISIL against the Yezidi community, may amount to an attempt to commit genocide. Among countless victims, I met with a twelve year-old girl who escaped sexual slavery, a father whose four sons were murdered because they refused to convert to Islam, and a boy who survived a mass execution', including of his father and brothers, despite being hit by six bullets," Šimonović said. "ISIL leaves Yezidis no option except to convert or die. Such testimonies are not only evidence of the scale of the crimes being systematically and intentionally committed by ISIL and associated armed groups, but attest to the resilience and bravery of the survivors of these crimes.”

As highlighted by High Commissioner Zeid at his press conference last week, “ISIL is the antithesis of human rights. It kills, it tortures, it rapes, its idea of justice is to commit murder.”

ISIL are well-resourced, well-armed and are active in recruiting support from the local population and fighters from abroad. With the support of some local groups, they are brutally violating the basic human rights of the local population – including the right to life and freedoms of religion and expression - with the aim of suppressing, expelling or destroying targeted ethnic and religious communities. Their brutal tactics are causing divisions between ethnic and religious communities to deepen.

Additionally, there has been an escalation of terrorist attacks and acts of violence in Baghdad and other areas of the country not directly affected by the armed conflict, which further threatens the peaceful coexistence of Iraq’s various communities.

 “Community leaders, elders, as well as religious authorities, must raise their voices and condemn violations of international human rights and humanitarian law, and demand the care and protection of the victims, no matter their ethnic, religious or other affiliations. The new Iraqi Government seems well-intentioned, but needs broad local and international support to put an end to the atrocities and overcome attempts to divide society and the country."

In his meetings with the Minister for Human Rights, Mr. Mohammed Madhi Ameen Al-Bayati, Speaker of the Council of Representatives, Dr. Salim al-Jabouri, and the Prime Minister of the Kurdistan Regional Government, Mr. Nechirvan Barzani, Šimonović argued for Iraqs accession to the International Criminal Court Statute, and the immediate acceptance of the ICCs ad-hoc jurisdiction for crimes that have been committed during the ongoing conflict.

“Additionally, legislative changes that would provide that war crimes, crimes against humanity and genocide are punishable under the criminal laws of Iraq and the Kurdistan Region would send a clear message of the commitment to bring perpetrators of those crimes to justice, irrespective of who they are, their ethnicity, religious belonging or political affiliation,” Šimonović said.

The UN Assistant Secretary-General and other members of the Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights delegation visited five camps for displaced persons in the Dohuk and Erbil provinces of the Kurdistan Region of Iraq.

“There are almost two million civilians displaced by the current conflict within Iraq, nearly one million of whom have been displaced into the Kurdistan Region of Iraq. Despite the commendable efforts of the Kurdistan Region Government to protect the IDPs and to provide basic services, resources are stretched to breaking point,” Šimonović said. Notwithstanding the considerable challenges, I am greatly encouraged by the commitment of the Kurdistan Region Prime Minister, as expressed during our meeting, to keep the Kurdistan Region of Iraq open for all displaced persons without distinction.”

Šimonović noted that improved coordination between the Central Government, the Kurdistan Regional Government and the international community is urgently needed in order to prepare for the challenges of winter.

“Winter is not yet here, but I have already seen the tents that had collapsed from the rain, despite all night efforts of the families living in them," Šimonović said. The provision of adequate shelter for the winter is urgently needed. If additional measures are not immediately introduced, and especially if there is a new wave of displacement, those belonging to vulnerable groups, such as children, aged people, people with disabilities and those in need of medical assistance will be at risk."

The Assistant Secretary-General also discussed with government officials and civil society representatives ways to address some of the chronic human rights challenges facing Iraq, including corruption, problems with the administration of the criminal justice system, (including torture), and the rights of women.

“There are considerable human rights challenges facing Iraq," Šimonović said. But during my visit I met many brave and bright young men and women who are committed to overcoming divisions in the country and fighting for equality and human rights for all Iraqs people. This gives hope for a better future for Iraq and such efforts should be strongly supported by the international community.”

ISIS ban bidets in Aleppo داعش يمنع استعمال ال"بيديه" في حلب

If this decree published in Aleppo, Syria by the ISIS caliphate office is their idea of cleanliness then they really want to go back to the Middle Ages!
The decree states that bidets must be destroyed and anyone found to have a bidet in their house will be punished. They want people to use water, sand and granite stones to clean themselves following defecation just as their forefathers did. They should think again as anyone downwind of them will smell them coming and there is an excellent chance of them succumbing to diarrhea or better still dysentery. Some would say an appropriate death would then be theirs!

On the other hand if ISIS want to return to ‘the good old days’ then we await their decree that stops the use of radio, tv, telephones and the internet not to mention cars, machine guns, and tanks. Is it the camel brigade next boys?

19 October, 2014

بلغ عدد المرتزقه الدواعش الاجانب في العراق وسوريا15,000 مجرم

بلغ عدد المرتزقه الدواعش  الاجانب    في العراق وسوريا15,000 مجرم  وذالك حسب جريدة الواشنطن بوست . ان الدول الغربيه قلقه بخصوص ماذا سيفعل هولاء الدواعش بعد عودتهم "الغير ميمونه"  للدول التي قبلتهم اعطتهم جنسياتها وكرمتهم 
 .ولكن  هذه الدول لاتفكر جديا بما فعله ومازالو يفعلونه من مصائب وجرائم في العراق وسوريا 
السعوديه 2,100     الامارات14          قطر15                بحرين12             كويت71              الصومال68                      استراليا250          اندونوسيا60          سودان96             اردن2089           العراق247                       باكستان330          افغانستان23          الصين100           قرغيزيا30            جزائر250           مصر358 مغرب1,500         تركيا400             روسيا800            اوكرانيا50            البانيا148             بوسنيا60              نمسا60   ايطاليا50              سبانيا96              المانيا240 فرنسا412            ايرلندا26             بريطاني488            كندا70                امريكا130            دانمارك84           نرويج40              سويد80               فلندا20                هولندا 152           بلجيكا296            لبنان890              اسرائيل20            ليبيا556               تونس3,000           
اليمن 110                                    هناك 18 دوله اخرى لاتعرف عدد خبرائها"من المجرمين" الموجودين في المنطقه 

13 October, 2014

Qatar links to ISIS


Talib Murad
 UK South Wales 13.10.2014
There is growing concern in the UK over the failure Sunni Gulf States, in particular Qatar, to take action against their own nationals who have directly funded, or facilitated the funding of, terrorist groups including ISIL (Sunday Telegraphs 12.10.2014) . In particular, according to Hilary Clinton, Qatar has the worst record of any country in cooperating in counter-terrorism. MPs in UK are calling for a review of British trade with the Gulf State while there is growing public concern over Qatar’s role in financing terrorism leading to the formation of action groups calling for a boycott of the Qatari owned Harrod’s store in London and raising public awareness of Qatar’s commercial interest in other UK landmarks and well known companies. The news of a catastrophe anywhere in the world always results in the British public contributing whatever they can afford to give aid to those they see in need of help and now the barbaric actions of ISIS generate an urge to hit the terrorists in some way so the boycott of any company or financial institution with Qatari’  interests will be more than welcome.
Salim Hasan Khalifa Rashid al-Kuwari was employed by the Qatari government although he was officially designated as a terrorist by the US. Al-Kuwari channeled hundreds of thousands of dollars to al-Qaeda through a terrorist network while working in Qatar’s Ministry of Interior! Al-Kuwari was working in the Ministry of Interior’s civil defence department and listed as a terrorist by the US in 2011. He was arrested and questioned in 2009, returned to his work and then arrested again in 2011 yet he lives freely in Doha and Qatar refused to comment on his status last week. Qatar is accused of financing  terrorists throughout the Middle East, North Africa, Afghanistan and Pakistan either directly or by providing a safe haven for those that do so and Qatar now provides more private donations to terrorist groups than does Saudi Arabia. Within the coming weeks the US will publish a dossier of in which it will name around 20 Qatari’s or Qatar-based financiers who, like al-Kuwari, are accused of financing terror organizations.

In 1992 the Qatari government employed Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, who would later be named as the mastermind of the 9/11 attack on New York’s Twin Towers, and who fled Qatar in 1996 when the US wanted him for a car bomb attack on the Twin Towers in 1993. Mohammed had reportedly been warned by a senior official in the Qatari of the American plan to arrest him. In 2009 Khalifa Muhammad  Turki al-Subaiy , who has connections with people in the upper echelons of Qatar, was jailed for 6 months for his role in funding Khalid  Sheikh Mohammed. Al-Subaiy had worked for Qatar’s central Bank and there were hints of connections to the then Prime Minister Hamad bin Jasmin bin Jaber al Thani. On his release in 2009 al-Subaiy was added to the UN’s list of individuals subject to targeted sanctions because of their terrorist links.  Last month the US Treasury released documents alleging that al-Subaiy is currently funding Islamist terrorists in Syria and Iraq while Qatar refuses to comment on Subaiy’s current status.

Another Qatari who is on both the US and UN blacklists is Abd al-Rahman bin Umayr al Nuaymi (see picture) who is accused of sending 1.25 million pounds sterling a month to a group of al-Qaeda jihadists in Iraq that was the fore runner to ISIL. Al-Nuaymi, was a senior figure in Qatar and was associated with the Qatar Football Association and the Sheik Eid bin  Mohammed el Thani Charitable Association, but he is also accused of financing al-Qaeda in Syria. Last week, a human rights charity that al-Nuyami set up in Geneva, said that he was not under arrest in Qatar.
 Meanwhile Qatar’s Minister for Foreign Affairs, Dr. Khalid bin Mohammed Al-Attiyah, has said,                                                                                                                                                                      
“The State of Qatar does not support – in any way – the radical groups who are terrorizing innocent citizens and destabilizing the Middle East. As we have stated repeatedly, again and again, we believe their actions are evil, abhorrent, and antithetical to all that Islam stands for.
“Our efforts to counter terrorism include many actions and initiatives. Internally, our Ministry of Finance and our central bank work closely with other governments to counter the financing of terrorism.
“Our Ministry of Internal Affairs also works closely with Interpol and other international security forces. Externally, we are a member of the Global Counter terrorism Forum.”  
              
Well Dr. Al-Attiyah may believe what he says but it does not ring true. Doha’s lack of action against those, who are recognised by the UN and other countries as individuals financing terrorism, is indicative of a lack of action by the Qatar government in fighting international terrorism. It is time that other countries put pressure on Qatar to take action against these men instead of leaving them free to pursue their terrorist activities and the resultant deaths of thousands of innocent people.
Reading the article in the Sunday Telegraph on Qatar’s links to al-Qaeda has given me the opinion that these men in Qatar have too much money and so little to do that they resort to playing with people’s lives in the way that school boys play with toy soldiers. What pleasure do they get from it?  They are as evil as the terrorist who kills the innocent child or feeble old men and women and, whatever the religion any one of us believes in, no heavenly life after death awaits such evil doers. They should be confined to prison and, as the saying goes, the key to their cell can then be thrown away!

Al- Nusra financer Al-Nuymi-"Sunday Telegraph 10.10.2014"

09 October, 2014

TIMES LEADING ARTICLE 9 Oct 2014- Saving Kobani-

This article in today's edition of the London Times clearly states that it is time that Turkey recognised that a member of NATO it has a duty to make a stand against IS. It can no longer sit back and watch the continuing tragedy of Kobani. There are benefits to be gained from being a member of an association such as NATO but there is also a duty that you owe to fellow members. Turkey failed to perform its duty in 2003 but cannot due so again when the eyes of the world are watching.

After all if Turkey was attacked by Russia or Iran would it not expect its NATO allies to come to its assistance. Fail in its duty now and it will find it stands alone.  

08 October, 2014

History repeat itself: Stalin 1944 Erdogan 2014










We must act now!!

There are two types of Kurds those who are  fat, rich and bedazzled by the economical bubble. Then there are those in Kubani, and the poor villages throughout Kurdistan. Iraqi Kurds cannot stand by and watch, the least they can do is to stop the hundreds of truckloads of Turkish goods entering Kurdistan every day. Some may argue that we cannot afford to stop food entering the country and yes they are right it will be difficult.  Yet our politicians have placed us in this situation by the systematic destruction of Kurdish village life, agriculture, Kurdish crafts and small industrial units. Everything has been lost to the ready availability of imports from neighbouring countries! In Kurdistan we now look to the south (Baghdad) for our dollars and to the north and east for our food and goods.

06 October, 2014

ايها الدواعش لاتمسوا قبر جدنا سليمان باشا

ايها الدواعش لاتمسوا قبر جدنا سليمان باشا: و لكن يحق لكم ذبح الاكراد والمسيحيين و الايزيدين و الشيعة والسنه و سبي النساء والبنات الصغار و قتل الابرياء و تدمير القرى و المساجد و دور العباده و المقابر. و سنبيع لكم نفطكم المنهوب و ستكون مصحاتنا و فنادقنا ومصارفنا مفتوحة لكم و سنوصل لكم متطوعيكم الى الحدود السورية و سيكون بإمكان هؤلاء توصيل المال و السلاح لكم. و سنمنع وصول اي كردي الى شمال سوريا و ربما سنسمح لداعش بقتل اكراد سو ريا في تركيا و بالمناسبة لقد التقى امس اردوغان بجدودكم انتم اي الاخوان المتأسلمين المصريين .
نحن لكم ممتنين لعدم المساس بقبر جدنا الكبير جد ال عثمان ...( اللي اختشوا ماتوا)